Year Joined Firm:
Areas of Practice
Chuck Merovitz is a lawyer and businessman with an entrepreneurial spirit. Whether dealing with a shareholder dispute, a sensitive estate matter, or negotiating a contract or settlement, Chuck is a tireless champion for his clients. He offers a sophisticated knowledge of the law, a profound ability to connect and communicate, and a commitment to achieving the best result.
A Montrealer by birth, Chuck moved to Ottawa in 1974 and established Merovitz Potechin two years later. He is a devoted husband and father and an enthusiastic grandfather. In his spare time, Chuck is an avid golfer who three putts too often.
Chuck is a devoted fundraiser and volunteer for the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation. After a trip to California, Chuck saw a Cancer Survivor Park which was intended to change people’s thinking that cancer can result in survival. Chuck knew this concept and park needed to come to Ottawa and his connection to the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation began. Chuck became a devoted fundraiser and volunteer for the Foundation and was instrumental in helping Ottawa obtain a revolutionary machine used in the fight against cancer, the CyberKnife.
Learn more about Chuck’s involvement with the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation, and the Cancer Survivors Park in Ottawa.
Osgoode Hall Law School, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
LL.B. – 1974
Loyola College, Montreal
B.A. – 1971
Major: Political Science
- Law Society of Ontario
- Executive, Franchise Section, Ontario Bar Association
- County of Carleton Law Association
- Past Insolvency Section Executive, Ontario Bar Association
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Insolvency Section, Ontario Bar Association
- Past President, Canadian Turnaround Management Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Estate Section, Ontario Bar Association
- Insolvency International
- Past Senior Instructor, Bar Admission Course
- Rideauview Golf Course
- Initiated and was the Chair of a Committee that established the Richard and Annette Bloch Cancer Survivors Park in Ottawa
- Past Chair of Ottawa Jewish Community Annual Campaign
- Campaigns for Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation