Merovitz Potechin LLP is currently looking for an experienced law clerk to join our dynamic litigation team.
Summary of position:
The ideal candidate will assist lawyers with a wide variety of litigation matters including but not limited to preparation of pleadings and simple motions, preparation of legal documents, coordinate external and internal communication, coordinate and organize meetings, conference calls and maintain calendars for lawyers and addressing client inquires, as required.
- Must have 3-5 years of litigation, legal assistant, or law clerk experience.
- Familiarity of Ontario Rules of Civil Procedure.
- Proficiency with ACL Automated Civil Litigation software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills to interact with employees, lawyers, clients, and external agencies.
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude.
- Ability to maintain filing systems and basic databases.
- Meticulous records maintenance skills.
Why join our team?
We are an equal opportunity law office that values teamwork, respect, integrity, caring and professionalism. We also like to have fun celebrating various holidays and special occasion (including “Talk Like a Pirate” and “Left Handers” days).
Learn more about our team and why we love working at Merovitz Potechin LLP:
We offer a mentorship program for new staff at Merovitz Potechin LLP. Learn more about the program here:
Learn more about our firm
Merovitz Potechin LLP, The Referred to Law Firm, has been serving the personal and professional needs of our clients for over 45 years. Our knowledgeable team of lawyers and staff have built the firm upon a foundation of exceptional legal advice and client service.
Our commitment to safety
At Merovitz Potechin LLP, we have made the physical, emotional, mental health and safety of our staff, their families, and our clients our top priority. All of our team members have been provided with cutting-edge tools and technology and most of our staff and lawyers are continuing to work from home. Our focus on everyone’s wellbeing has reinforced and strengthened our commitment to exceptional client service and teamwork.
This is an excellent opportunity to grow your knowledge and expertise by working with an experienced team focused on personal and professional excellence.
If you are ready to take the next step and join our team, please send a copy of your résumé, in confidence to Tina Aiello-Hash, Human Resources Manager.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only applicants selected for an interview* will be contacted.
*Due to Covid-19 pandemic, all interviews are being conducted virtually.