The Referred to Law Firm
Real Estate Clerk
Our Real Estate Team is Growing! Merovitz Potechin LLP is seeking a real estate clerk to join our growing team.
Why join our team?
We are an equal opportunity law office that values teamwork, respect, integrity, caring and professionalism. We also believe in investing in people who understand that exceptional service to clients is critical to success.
Along with being caring professionals, every member of our team should remain as committed to their Ottawa community and their families as they are to their clients and the firm. We understand that in order to provide exceptional client service, our employees must feel a sense of belonging, collegiality, and respect among their peers, and Merovitz Potechin does its utmost to ensure our team is supported. If you want to work in an environment that values professionalism and client satisfaction while also nurturing relationships and supporting community involvement, then we would love to hear from you.
Summary of position:
The ideal candidate will assist lawyers with a wide variety of commercial and residential real estate matters including but not limited to preparing share/purchase/transfer documents, draft and prepare mortgage commitments and drafting and coordinating necessary documents required for closing. This is a full-time permanent opportunity that offers a great work atmosphere, opportunity for growth and a challenging environment.
- Must have experience in commercial and residential real estate files;
- Completion of law clerk program or diploma, or an acceptable combination of education and experience in real estate;
- Some direct work experience in a real estate law clerk capacity;
- Strong knowledge of basic legal concepts, principles, and terminology;
- Superior interpersonal skills to interact with employees, lawyers, clients, departments, and external agencies;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines;
- Attention to detail;
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision;
- Professional, enthusiastic, and positive work attitude is critical.
About Merovitz Potechin LLP
Merovitz Potechin LLP, The Referred to Law Firm, was established in 1976. Since that time, a knowledgeable team of lawyers and staff have been built upon the foundation of superior legal advice and exceptional client service. We are an equal opportunity law office in Ottawa that believes in investing in people who believe that exceptional service to clients is critical to success. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This is an excellent opportunity to grow your knowledge and expertise by working with an experienced team focused on personal and professional excellence. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send a copy of your résumé to Tina Aiello-Hash, Human Resources Manager.