The Referred to Law Firm
Bookkeeper – Part-time
Merovitz Potechin LLP is looking for a part-time accounting clerk / bookkeeper to join our team. Experience in the legal industry is an asset.
Summary of position:
The ideal candidate will conduct all aspects of our firms daily accounting needs. This includes but is not limited to:
- Accounts Payable;
- Accounts Receivable;
- Daily entry of accounting transactions;
- Daily banking functions including trust and general cheques and bank deposits;
- Daily accuracy of Teraview activity and payment;
- Perform reconciliations of bank accounts; and
- Reconcile company credit card accounts.
- Post-secondary degree/certificate or equivalent experience in accounting;
- Strong knowledge of basic legal concepts, principles, and terminology;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines;
- Proven attention to detail;
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision;
- Professional, enthusiastic, and positive work attitude is critical.
Why join our team?
We are a growing firm of 16 passionate lawyers who work hard for their clients and know how to have fun. Our group is comprised of both litigators and solicitors who practice in various areas of law, but who always work (and play) together. We are an equal opportunity law office that values teamwork, respect, integrity, caring and professionalism. We believe in investing in people who understand that exceptional service to clients is critical to success. Along with being caring professionals, every member of our team should remain as committed to their Ottawa community and their families as they are to their clients and the firm. We understand that in order to provide exceptional client service, our employees must feel a sense of belonging, collegiality, and respect among their peers, and Merovitz Potechin does its utmost to ensure our team is supported. If you want to work in an environment that values professionalism and client satisfaction while also nurturing relationships and supporting community involvement, then we would love to hear from you.
About Merovitz Potechin LLP
Merovitz Potechin LLP, The referred to law firm, was established in 1976. Since that time, a knowledgeable team of lawyers and staff have been built upon the foundation of superior legal advice and exceptional client service. We are an equal opportunity law office in Ottawa that believes in investing in people who believe that exceptional service to clients is critical to success. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you are interested in joining our law firm, please send your resume, in confidence to Tina Aiello-Hash , Human Resources Manager.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.