Robert J. De Toni
Year Joined Firm:
Robert De Toni is known for his ability to cut straight to the heart of an issue and achieve cost-effective results. Robert has been successfully advising clients on commercial and civil litigation, insolvency and collections, estate litigation and employment law disputes since 1996. Whether representing major financial institutions or individuals on high-stakes, high pressure litigation and disputes, Robert consistently offers clients effective, prompt and practical solutions.
A dedicated father who snowboards and rides motorcycles, Robert was instrumental in establishing the popular Ontario Bar Association’s Young Lawyers’ Ottawa elementary school mock trial program.
- Bar Admissions
- Professional Associations and Memberships
- Pro Bono Activities
University of Ottawa, Faculty of Law, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
LL.B. – 1994
University of Ottawa
B.Adm. – 1991
Honours: Gold Medalist
Past Instructor, Bar Admission Course
- County of Carleton Law Association – Mont Tremblant Litigators’ Conference Committee
- Law Society of Ontario
- Ontario Bar Association – Past member, Insolvency Executive
- Canadian Bar Association
- President, Children’s Aid Foundation of Ottawa
- Past Vice President, Villa Marconi Long-Term Care Centre
- Volunteer, Pro Bono Law Ontario
Videos by Robert J. De Toni
Should you self-represent?
July 22, 2019
Partner, Robert De Toni, explains some of the challenges of self-representation, and why it is beneficial to retain legal counsel.